SEPTEMBER MEETING WITH TIM MEYER
We are so excited for Tim Meyer's presentation "The Real Rembrandt" on September 8. This meeting will be hosted online so you can view it from the convenience of your home to comply with social distancing. Here are the steps to join us:
1. You must register online at www.dallasppa.com and pay the fee.
2. On the day of the event, you will receive an email with the online meeting link to join the meeting. 3. You can join the meeting on any device (i.e. computer, tablet, or smart phone).
4. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. We will have some announcements and print competition winners before handing it over to the speaker.
If you have any question about using Zoom, please call Ron Barbosa at 214-636-6016 during business hours.
For our monthly print competition, we will be going digital (don’t get used to it … it will not be the new normal). Here is how it will work:
· Full Name4. After you email your information, upload your entry to https://www.dropbox.com/request/7NzqSpy9tV2yKBcHx93f?oref=e.
· Category (Portrait, Illustrative, Scenic, Wedding, Wedding Album, General Album, Creative Open, or Artist)
· Color or Black & White
· First Year Entrant (if applicable) – Please let me know each month that 2020 is your first year of entry so I can note it in the spreadsheet.
· Name your JPG file with your first and last name.
· Your image must be 4000 pixels on the longest side, saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10.
· Your image must have a digital presentation.
5. The deadline for all of these things is FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, AT MIDNIGHT. Entries received after the deadline will be disqualified.
6. Please familiarize yourself with our rules before entering: https://www.dallasppa.com/CompetitionRules
7. Just a reminder, images must start at DPPA, so any images entered at other print competitions are not allowed.
The judges will score the images and results will be calculated over the weekend. We will announce the winners at the online meeting. Your ribbons will be available at the next in-person meeting.
If you have any questions, please email Shawna Hinkel at Shawna.firstname.lastname@example.org.